JohnnyBdaily

Friday, September 27, 2013

The harvest is plenty - are you a good labourer? Matthew 9:37-38

Good morning everyone. God is good all the time,  all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Yesterday I talked about the word "hurry" and after that a situation came up in my personal life.  I had an appointment, yet my neighbor needed help.  I really did not have the time, if I did help, I would have to then really hurry.  What I had read came back to me, I stopped, helped my neighbor, called my appointment and stated I would be late.  It all worked out, I helped the neighbor do a 20 minute job that took an hour, still made my appointment, and felt good about both.
    Two weeks before, a member of our church and I were talking and I asked how all was going.  He said well, but he did have a blow out on his bike tire and needed a new tire and tube.  We talked a few minutes, said I was sorry about his bike tire, then I left to get "my stuff" ready as I would be on the road for a week with my company.
    In my studies of the Bible and reading other books was when the verse in Matthew jumped out at me, convicted me, and I realized the big "I" had been in control of me.  "I" had to get "MY" stuff ready; I did not show the mercy or compassion necessary for my good friend who had the blow out.  This man is a member of our church and does not have much money.  In 30 minutes or less I could have taken him, bought him a new tire, and brought him back, fixed the bike, and helped my friend in need.
   Matthew 9:37-38 (KJV)
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

   The harvest is plenteous - the crop was in front of me - to help; as a labourer I did not stop to work.  I, now, plan to be one of the labourers sent forth into the harvest.  Is what you are doing or have planned THAT IMPORTANT that you cannot take a moment to do God's work?  To show God's mercy?  To walk like Jesus so others see Jesus in you? This sat heavy on my heart; that is why I stopped, helped my neighbor, then went on.  I did call my friend and apologize and asked for his forgiveness.  My burden was heavy, the LORD showed me how to lighten my burden.  If this all makes sense to you - praise God. If not, then you are probably a good labourer for the LORD! Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home