JohnnyBdaily

Monday, November 25, 2013

Matthew 25:34-36 Will you?

Good morning all! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   What does this phrase mean to you?  "LITTLE   LITTLE   LATE   LATE"
I had a strong concern yesterday and it lingers yet with me this morning.  When I woke, my thoughts went to the people, men and women, who we have that are living on the streets with a freezing cold front here and getting colder.
   Some will say, it is their choice and they get what they deserve.  Well, yes, partly, some are suffering from decisions made in their past that linger and continue to haunt them.  Possibly, a moment of stupidity 10 years ago, yet, the courts and our society have not been forgiving and they are between a rock and a hard spot.
    One man readily admits he made a stupid decision many years ago to have a couple of beers while helping a friend move.  He was stopped because the light on his trailer was out, the officer smelled alcohol, took him in and, yes, dwi.  The problem here is, the man worked construction and his pickup was impounded with his tools and now he owes the state $2000.00 to get his drivers license back.  He wants to work yet has no transportation, owes 2k and no way to pay.  Yes, he will tell you it was his decisions, allbeit a poor decision, but now he takes work where he can, is homeless, and struggles daily.
     His attitude is I am okay, I am doing alright, there are others here who need more help than me.  What is this man's worst vice today?  He smokes a pipe and occasionally has a beer.  What are his biggest concerns? Staying warm and eating.  He is in a Catch 22 situation.
     Matthew 25:34-36 New King James Version (NKJV) 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
  If you live where there are homeless, take time, go to Walmart, Target, Academy, Gander Mountain, any store of this sort and buy some survival blankets.  They are usually in a small pack in the camping area and keep the rain and cold out, yet retains 90% of ones body heat.  This will help some to survive. They simply put this survival blanket in their sleeping bag, crawl in, zip it up and they will stay warm.  What will it cost you?  About 3-6 bucks and a little bit of time.
    Just stop and think how blessed you are at this time!  If cold, just turn the heat up; some cannot do this as they live outside.  If hungry, go to the cupboard or frig; some cannot do this as they have no food.  This is on my heart, and if I bored you with details, sorry. However, just a reminder, this world is not, nor does it revolve around YOU!  Oh, the phrase above:  Too little, too late!  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
  Johnny
(continuation of my thoughts go to Christianity - Thoughts by Johnny)


    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home