JohnnyBdaily

Saturday, February 01, 2014

II Samuel 22 You strength comes from........????

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
    Today, please read, re-read and meditate on these verses. II Samuel 22 is David's song upon being delivered from the hand of Saul.  David was a skilled musician who played the harp for Saul, he wrote a number of songs and this is one of his songs of thanksgiving.  Click on the link to read the whole chapter.
    I am looking at II Samuel 22: 33 God is my strength and power,  And He makes my way perfect.
Notice what is God to David?   His STRENGTH and POWER!  Now what does this tell you?  Does this speak to you?  Where do you get your strength and power?
   And then what?  He makes my way perfect.  God provides a perfect path for us; we only need to follow.  Be obedient and follow.  Being human, this is exceedingly difficult.  How can we do this?  By staying in prayer, meditate, listen, then follow.  Do I do this?  Nope, unfortunately, I tend to let my human, secular desires override sometimes.  My problem is not my actions as much as my tongue.  How about you?  Yet God takes me back, even if I am not perfect.
    Look at these verses: 36 “You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;Your gentleness has made  me great.     
        37 You enlarged my path under me;   So my feet did not slip.
God gives us the shield of salvation!  How awesome is this.  God's gentleness - this is the attitude we need to take on - God's gentleness and what does this do?  Makes us great.  No, not in the sense of a celebrity, having all, but having God as our guiding light. When following God, He will care for us.  The greatness comes from working with others, sharing the word so others will come to Christ.
   Verse 37 shows that God will care for us, enlarge our path so our feet do not slip.  And, what does this mean to you.  To me, it means I am not on a slippery slope in danger of falling into the depths of the valley; but a good solid path where I can continually tread, carrying and sharing God's good news of Jesus Christ.
    My concentration is on Jesus now, not of being sure footed to keep from falling.  Where are you today my friend. Where does your strength come from?  Do you know you have the shield of salvation?  Do you know God has broaden you path, made it perfect, so you can travel easier and share the good news of salvation?  I just pray these verses spoke to you as they did me.  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home