JohnnyBdaily

Friday, May 09, 2014

Can you with stand a woman's nagging? Did Samson? Judges 14:15-16

Good morning everyone!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!!
    Thank you God for the rain and for letting the violent storms pass.  Alright then, Samson gave the riddle to the 30 young men.  Well, after a few days, 3, they could not figure it out so they went to the bride and "talked" with her.  Actually, in Judges 14, these young men being of noble character went to Samson's 'wife' and: 15 On the fourth[a] day, they said to Samson’s wife, “Coax your husband into explaining the riddle for us, or we will burn you and your father’s household to death. Did you invite us here to steal our property?”
   Would you consider this a threat?  Yep, I think so.  Now put yourself in her shoes, what would you do.  Out of fear for your family and yourself. 16 Then Samson’s wife threw herself on him, sobbing, “You hate me! You don’t really love me. You’ve given my people a riddle, but you haven’t told me the answer.”
 Samson told her I have not told even my parents, why should I tell you?  She cried, pleaded, and worn Samson down.  Finally, on the seventh day Samson told her.  She in turn, reported this to the 30 young "noble character" men.  Then they went to Samson and.......Oh, goodness, let us see his reaction next time.  Is he angry or does he take it in stride?  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home