JohnnyBdaily

Monday, June 30, 2014

23rd Psalm

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   I know you have 'read' the 23rd Psalm, but have you really READ IT?  Take time to think about the words.  First, who is a shepherd?  This is a person who tends to the sheep, knows what they need, has a concern for them, and loves them.  Is this not our LORD?
   V. 1 "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want" " - God will meet our needs, not wants, but needs!
  V. 2 "he makes me lie down in green pastures" - God ensures we have rest
  V.3 "He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul," - we need water to survive, to refresh us physically and spiritually.
 V.4 "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" - where is this?  It is around us daily, we live in the world of the prince, satan, and daily we are bombarded with evil.
 So what should we do?  "I fear no evil, for thou art with me;" - what?  No Fear?  God is with us, and greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world.
  "thy rod and thy staff, comfort me" - Huh? Thy rod and staff are multi-purpose tools, to aid in walking, to keep one in line, and to ward off enemies (used as a weapon).
   Just think about this thus far.   Tomorrow we will finish the 23rd Psalm.
Why should you fear?  No reason!  God is in control!  God is with you! God restores us!  God care for us!  What more could we ask for?  Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home