JohnnyBdaily

Friday, June 20, 2014

What would a last good-bye be like? Luke 9:23-26

Good morning all! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
    LUKE 9:23-26 Jesus is telling the disciples about discipleship and what it will gain or lose them.  Before I list the scripture out I would like for you to ponder this:
     "Is this good-bye the last?  If so, what do you want it to be like"?

Think about these words.  If you were to say good-bye, a final time to a loved one, what would you want it to be like?  Just wave and ride off into the sunset?  Leave a legacy?  Leave nothing?  What????
   Luke 9:
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
   D E N Y yourself and what?  TAKE UP HIS (JESUS') CROSS
        Then what?   Follow Jesus.      Why?  V. 24 is deep and non-Christians will probably not understand. Save you life and lose it -  Huh?  But...... whosoever loses his life for Jesus' sake will save it.  Nah!  This does not make any sense. (to the non-believer).  We have an option - live for the world OR live for Jesus Christ!!   If we live for Jesus we give up the worldly things and become part of the family of God and when we did in our human bodies, we will live forever, eternity with God in a new body and soul.
   V. 25  If you gain praise and recognition here on earth, that is your reward as you will be cast away.  Cast away?  A nice way of saying go to hell.
    V. 26 This is over used and abused by Christians.  Just read it for what it says.  Do not be ashamed of Jesus, His teachings, God, the Spirit and angels.  To be silent and not speak up for God, for Jesus, is to agree with any false teaching that you hear.  Speak up, stand strong for Jesus.
   Why over used and abused?  Ever get a good or great Christian message, then at the end it quotes this verse as a sort of threat.  Why?  To guilt someone into sending on a great message?  Why would we, as Christians, want to do this?  My life, my salvation, my walk is between me and God. He alone, will guide and correct me.  I am not ashamed and I trust in Him!   
  Going back to the question - If this is your last good-bye what would you wish it to be like?  I would want people to say he, Johnny, was a man of God and lived out his belief.  And you?
Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home