JohnnyBdaily

Saturday, October 18, 2014

After Holy S_____, 2 other phrases that concern me!!!

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
  Hmmmm!  Quite interesting what happened yesterday.  First, my computer was reacting slow and did not respond sometimes.  So, I did my bible devotional, sent it out, yet it never appeared ANYWHERE!
 Here is what was sent out yesterday:  Yesterday the title was Holy S______; and, I did this to get you thinking.  Well, today, I want you to think about the impact, the heaviness, the evil that is packed in two more expressions.
    Please think about these and I will elaborate more later today.  What are we really saying when we use these 2 expressions?   Is this within the Christian realm?  Spiritual realm?  Or, evil realm?
   Here are the expressions:
          God damn you!!           AND     Go to hell!!!                

What are these really saying spiritually?
     Well, they are on my blog, but to continue this, please indulge me here, I will look at the ramifications of using these expressions.  Okay, first, "God damn you!" 
  We know who God is, He is the one and only true living God;  damn -- to condemn to an unhappy fate, to condemn to hell, to condemn as bad or inferior.   Hmmm!  As a Christian we are to love the Lord God #1, and then what ???  To love our neighbor as our selves.  Is this doing so?  I don't see that in this expression.  As a Christian we should be concerned with spreading the gospel to others so they may be saved and experience life everlasting.  John 3:17 says Christ came not to condemn the world, but so the world may be saved.  This expression is, to me, a highly volatile expression used out of anger, fear, and with disregard to what it actually means.
   As Christians we should never "damn" someone because we are wishing them to hell or an unhappy fate.  Is this truly Christian Love?
    Then the next expression, "go to hell" which is essentially doing the same as the first phrase.  Do you really wish someone to spend eternity living in torment?  If you say yes, then you need to ask forgiveness from God and then set things straight, in a Christian way, between you and whom you would wish this on.  
  Why this came to mind?  I don't know.  All I know is the phrases were sitting there, looking at me, and I could not help but reflect how many times I have heard these phrases and when I have used them.  Yes, I stopped, prayed and asked forgiveness.  Wow!!  I would love your feedback.  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace,
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home