JohnnyBdaily

Friday, November 14, 2014

A restful and cheerful heart!! Deuteronomy 10

Good morning all!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   Wow!  Yesterday I woke with a troubled heart, shared that, asked if you would hold me up in your prayers and for this I thank you.  I woke this morning with one of the most restful nights I have had in a while and with a cheerful heart.  Thank you for your prayers.  PRAYERS DO WORK.
   I did not expect such quick results but I will claim the victory through Christ my saviour.  I shared Psalm 51 yesterday the first 4 verses.  Today if you will look at verse 10: "Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me."    This God has done.  We are natural born sinners and the tendency is to please ourselves rather than God.  You know the routine, it is all about me, my wants, my dislikes, my biases.   I would say our biases create the bulk of my, and probably your problems.  
   Biases taint the way we think, react, and confront different things that come our way.  I did undergo an operation performed by God and it is told of here in  Deuteronomy 10:16-19 New International Version (NIV)
16 Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer. 17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. 18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. 19 And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.
   What this verse is saying is we must go beyond performing the 'circumcism' to understand what God wants.  We need to submit to God inside, in our hearts, as well as our actions.  Once we submit, completely, wholly, to God then our relationship with God and others will show no bias.  When we are right with God we will be right with others.  You will see a difference in the way you view others AND the way they view you.  Here is my challenge and questions for you today:
      Are you truly right with God?  Did you open your selves up to God?  Did you lay your iniquities before God, giving them to him, and not pick them up again?  Is your heart circumcised and you no long stiff-necked?
   Think about this and the words you say. In Matthew and Luke we are told our words reveal what is in our heart.  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home