JohnnyBdaily

Monday, January 05, 2015

Resolutions and preppers---in the same article?

Good morning all!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!!
    Well, the New Year is officially here, people make resolutions (with good intentions) which tend to fall by the wayside.  I decided to give up skydiving, bull fighting, and running with the bulls in Spain.  Since I have never even tried these things----it was easy to give up.  I narrowed my resolutions down to one - to live a more fulfilled and spirit filled life for Jesus Christ.  
   Yep, to some this sound hokie, however, I do know that on the other side of the rainbow is my heavenly father, waiting for me to come home.  My goals for 2015 is to: be a better Christian (keeping God first); a better family man (family second); and then let my career and life fall in after that.  I ask your prayers and encouragement in this as I, in turn, will pray daily for each of you.
   Okay,  I am relatively sure you have heard of the preppers or survivalists.  Preparing for the end times, gathering food, ammunition, all types of survival gear, and training for the end when we will have to fight for all we have.
   Jesus' disciples were concerned about when the end times would come.  Look at Matthew
24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
   Now this temple, the Jews and Herod had built was 1,562 feet (520 yards) long with 160 columns in its 921 foot width.  The disciples, looking at this massive structure could, not visualize it would be thrown down.  However, in 70 A.D. (40 years later) it was destroyed by the Romans.
   We sit, today, where the disciples do:  looking at America, seeing it in all its grandeur and strength and think--'could we fall?'  This will be the disciples next questions.
   Preppers and survivalists are preparing for the fall.  We, too, should prepare for the fall; all be it in another way.  We should be in tune with God;  listening to God; meditating on God's word; and willing to follow God's command.
  Today is the first day to set the stage; we will begin looking at the disciples questions and Jesus' response in Matthew 24 for the next few days.  Read it yourself and please respond as I covet your feedback.
   Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
  Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home