JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Where are you? Stop and Listen!! Psalm 46:10-11

Good morning everyone!!! I hope you have a super day in our saviour and Lord Jesus Christ!!!! Yesterday while driving the bus back from the Cross Country Track Meet many things crossed my mind. What stimulated this was a sign I saw on a church. Before I tell you what the sign said let me digress somewhat in my life. Some of you know this story, please bear with me. When I first got out of the military I was back in my hometown of Eads, Colorado working for the summer, you know, $$$$ for college. Well, we had one of those few rain days when I could not farm and the Christian Church in town was building a new church. I went by to see what progress had been made and the man who owned the company was there as they had a rain out day also. We visited briefly when he asked me if I was a Christian. Well, I knew what he was asking, I knew my answer, so I said no, I was a Methodist.
He went on to explain Christian, I knew what he was saying and I knew I was not. That is why I avoided the question. I had no doubt JESUS was not in my heart. I knew Jesus, God, and Holy Spirit.....but they were just passing acquaintances, no personal relationship.
When you stand face to face with Jesus.....will He be Jesus my saviour? OR, will He be Jesus my judge? Is your heart really open to Jesus? Are you really following His direction? Are you doing His will?
The sign on the church said....."when you see Jesus will He be saviour or judge?"
Good stimulating thought. Also, "be still and know that I am." Have you done this lately? When? Sometime soon just STOP, turn off your radio, t.v., stereo, or whatever and listen to the quiet, listen to the peacefulness. Take time to be with your saviour without some other distractions.
TODAY, T O D A Y, I challenge each of you to be still, while driving to work....turn your radio off!!!! Take time to talk to your Lord and saviour.....in the quiet!!! Also, where is your heart? A second challenge - tell someone about your saviour. Whether it be a God Bless You; a do you know Jesus?; I need to tell you about a friend; or anyway you desire.
When was the last time you did a good samaritan deed and left a calling card about Jesus, a simple God Bless You, or whatever. Our youth need examples, they have plenty of examples - - just look at the media, tv, radio, CD's, mp3's, etc. Are these what we want our children to look up to OR are we going to do something.
Ostrich time is over, we are in two wars, both terrorist wars, one from satan, the other from non-christian world. Put on your armor and let's go to battle. Thank you for reading. Love you all. If you would rather not receive these devotionals please let me know.
Psalm 46:10-11 "be still, and know that I am God. I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world. The Lord of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress."
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home