JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Letting go!!! Let Jesus have the front seat!!!!

Good morning, in my morning devotional I read a story about 'Don't be a Front Seat Driver' that I would like to share with you.
Isaiah 42:16 "THE LORD SAID, 'I WILL BRING THE BLIND BY A WAY THEY DID NOT KNOW; I WILL LEAD THEM IN PATHS THEY HAVE NOT KNOW. I WILL MAKE DARNESS TIGHT BEFORE THEM, AND COOKED PLACES STRAIGHT. THESE THINGS I WILL DO FOR THEM, AND NOT FORSAKE THEM.'"
It only takes a minute or two to read this article about letting go.. let Jesus have the front seat.
A christian man pictured his life as being like riding a tandem bicycle w9th Jesus. He saw himself sitting up front and steering with Jesus riding on the backseat, always with hij. It was comforting for the man to know that Jesus was behind him pedaling, ready to handle any emergencies.
Then one day, Jesus asked the man a question, "Will you trade places with Me?" But the man was not ready to give up the front seat. After all, things seemed to be going along rather nicely. So the man said, "Not today," and they pedaled on together. They continued down familiar roads, passing the same landmarks again and again. Occasionally the man took a wrong turn and got lost and Jesus would quietly point and guide the man back to the right road. No matter where they went, Jesus was always there, pedaling fron the backseat.
Some time passed and again Jesus asked the man, "Will you trade places with Me?" This time the man decided to give up his seat. As Jesus took hold of the handlebars, He looked back at the man, smiled and said, "Trust me. Now Pedal."
The man discovered immediately that Jesus was taking a different route. When he asked Jesus about it, He replied "I can take you places that you never knew existed. I know roads that you have never ridden on. I know the paths that lead up mountains and through valleys and along the seashores. I know your abilities, your strengths, and your needs. I can lead you to places where you will make a difference for My kingdom. All you have to do is trust Me to steer while you pedal." So the man pedaled.
The pedaling was strenuous at times, and at others, they seemed to coast along effortlessly. Occasionally the man would offer suggestions to Jesus about what direction they should go next. But Jesus would smile and respond with the words, "Trust Me and pedal." The man allowed Jesus to permanently have the front seat; his life was never again the same.
Where are you in your life? Are you riding a tandem bicycle with Jesus? If not, now is a good time to start. If you already have a relationship with Jesus, are you riding up front? Or have you chosen to let go of the handlebars, take the backseat, and allow Him to steer? Remember - when Jesus is in the front seat, all you need to do is trust Him and pedal!!!
Thank you for reading with me, I hope this touched your heart as much as it did mine. Love you all. Please pray for a friends mother in law who has aggressive breast cancer, and a friends child who has 1 kidney shut down and is in critical condition, she is not quite 1 year old.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home