JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Are you blameless??? Cause others to stumble??

Good morning everyone!!! What a great day to be alive in Jesus!! God is good all the time; all the time God is good!!! How God cares for us and all we have to do is give God a little respect and honor. Isn't it grand that God does not require us to be 'perfect' all the time. None of us would be successful. Thank you for being a loving and forgiving God. We are accountable one to another. In our daily walk we should not cause one of our brothers to stumble, however, if we do we should be held accountable for our actions, go to that person and ask for forgiveness. Have you had this happen?? Lately?? Well, 2 Corinthians 6:3 has been talking to me the last 4 or 5 days. Is my ministry blameless? I have been feeling a burden.
Romans 14:13 "So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall."
Both strong and weak Christians can cause their brothers and sisters to stumble. The strong but insensitive Christian may flaunt his or her freedom and intentionally offend others consciences. The scrupulous but weak Christianmay try to fence others in with petty rules and regulations causing dissension. Paul wants his readers to be strong in the faith and sensitive to others' needs. We are all strong in some areas and weak in others, we must constantly monitor our behavior and its effects on others.
The stumbling and falling may be not in his or her faith, but bringing doubt on us, our faith, our belief. We need to have someone hold us accountable. In this case my accountable partner is David. Last week when I made a off the top of the head, "humorous" comment it did bring about some questions. David visited with me about it, I was wrong, and according to scripture I apologized, asked forgiveness-which was accepted, God forgave me and the burden is gone.
I say all this to say, "How many times have we made statements which were insensitive and brought into question our faith? I now have a new prayer, not only for wisdom and knowledge, but to be aware of what I say and do. Wisdom and knowledge will tell me whether to speak or not, self discipline and listening to God will regulate what to say.
Thank you God for sending us angels in the form of friends. Fear not to visit with a fellow Christian about his/her actions. Thank you for reading, listening, and understanding. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home