JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good morning all!! Did you think about the "soap box" I threw out yesterday? Who are you supporting? Your own desires? The desires of this world? Or are you standing up boldly for Christ?
There is the opposite view, that Jesus is okay with all that is going on at Christmas time, that this time of year was really a pagan festival that we turned Christian. I am not arguing that, I simply believe that when we let one thing be watered down, then more will be watered down. Then we move away from the right to the wrong, from the moral to the immoral, all which is taught to us through the Bible.
Philippians 1:20-21 "For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. (21) For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better."
To those who don't believe in God, life on earth is all there is, and so it is natural for them to strive for this world's valuses, money, popularity, power, pleasure, and prestige.
For Paul, to live meant to develop eternal values and to tell others about Christ, who alone could help them see life from an eternal perspective. Paul's whole purpose in life was to speak out boldly for Christ and to become more like him. Paul could confidently say that dying would be even better than living, because in death he would be removed from worldly troubles, and he would see Christ face to face (1 John 3:2,3)
Are you going boldly forward for Christ? Does living mean living for Christ? Will you tell someone about Jesus today? Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home