JohnnyBdaily

Friday, January 02, 2009

Real commitment to God!

Good morning everyone!! Running a little late today. A new year, a new resolution or attitude. A lifestyle change for me and I was determined, however, it was difficult to rise and go do my workout this morning. I could think of a lot of reasons why not to......BUT.........it works just one step at a time. So, today was my second step. I want my "temple" to be pleasing to God. My temple needs remodeling and I am on a lifestyle change, not a quick change. How are you doing with your resolutions?

Okay, enough of the me aspect, now what about our focus on life? Matthew 16:24-28 "Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lost your own soul? Is anything worth more than you soul? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds. And I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom.""

The possibility of losing their lives was very real for the disciples as well as for Jesus. Real discipleship implies real commitment - pledging our whole existence to his service. If we try to save our physical life from death, pain, or discomfort, we may risk losing eternal life. If we protect ourselves from the pain God calls us to suffe, we begin to die spiritually and emotionally. Our lives turn inward, and we lose our intended purpose. When we give our life in service to Christ, however, we discover the real purpose of living.

Thank you for reading with me today. What is YOUR FOCUS? WHO are you FOLLOWING? Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home