JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Because I follow God my life is...... Luke 2:4-6

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

December 24th, being Christmas Eve is also National Egg Nog Day. FYI!

Okay, back to the Christmas story. Sometimes things happen to us and we wonder why? Why me God? God I am doing what you tell me to, I do what I study, why are things so rocky now? Did I misread what you were saying. Things are inconvenient or uncomfortable - is this really what you planned for me? Come on God, did you make a mistake?

Luke 2:4-6 "And because Joseph was a descendant of King David, he had to go to Bethlehem in Judea, David's ancient home. He traveled there from the village of Nazareth in Galilee. He took with him Mary, his fiancee, who was now obviously pregnant. And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born."

Well, God does not make mistakes. In Micah it was prophesied of Jesus being born in Bethlehem. Through this journey, God strengthened Joseph. Joseph and Mary did not have a luxurious inn; or even a "nice" stable. Jesus was born into the world in humble surroundings.

When we do God's will, we are not guaranteed comfort and convenience. We are promised that everything, even discomfort and inconvenience has meaning in God's plan. He, God, will guide you and provide all you need. Like Joseph, live each day by faith, trusting that God IS IN CHARGE! How are you living today?

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home