JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pray and greet - Have faith! 1 Thessalonians 5:25,26

Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Yesterday, one thing Paul said was to abstain, (Greek apecho) from every possible kind of evil. Paul is calling for a balance and as Christians we should not be overcritical nor gullible.

1 Thessalonians 5:25,26 "Brethren, pray for us. Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss."

What is Paul asking? Pray for us. Prayer is our strength in our faith. Prayer without faith is simply empty words, idle rhetoric. When Paul said brethren, this is more intimate, a closeness, we are part of a family - the family of God.

Greet brethren with a holy kiss! What does this mean to you? To me, a holy kiss is one given in love, to encourage, to help one be more faithful and to go forth. A type of farewell-God be with you kiss-as we see in the movies many times. A departing gesture that says I am with you. Tell me what you think and feel about this.

I close with this, I ask you, my brothers & sisters in Christ, to pray for me as I will pray for you. We are close because of the word, the Bible, the love of Jesus, because we belong to HIM, GOD! Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home