JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jeremiah 23:10 , 30 Abuse, curses, false prophets

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
    As I woke this morning, in the early A.M., God laid 2 verses on me.  I mainly read the New Testament and then Old Testament as a reference.  As I woke, Jeremiah 23:10 and 23:30 came to me. I had no idea what they would say.  Prior to falling into a slumber I read in Jesus Calling about taking time to be with God, to listen, to understand, to be still and know that HE IS! So, I believed this would be what I would read in Jeremiah.
    Jeremiah 23:10 "For the land is full of adultery, and it lies under a curse.  The land itself is in mourning- its wilderness pastures are dried up. For they all do evil and abuse what power they have."
   Wow!! Look around you friend, is not our land full of adultery?  Stop, look and listen to what is being said on our electronic media, social networks, T.V., etc. People worship the dollar, celebrities, people of power, people of social positions, sports.  How much time is spent in prayer and mediatation with God.
   Do we lie under a curse?  The weather patterns have all changed drastically over the last few decades. Crops have burned up - lack of rain.   Last year many livestock were sold due to the drought and pastures having no grass.
   Is our land full of evil and abusing what power we have?  All power comes from God. Today we have many false prophets and we must be aware.  How do we know?  There are four signs of false prophets.
   (1) They appear to speak God's message, but they do not live according to God's word.
      (2) They water down God's message in order to make it more palatable.
         (3) They encourage their listeners, often subtly, to disobey God.
            (4) They tend to be arrogant and self-serving, appealing to the desires of their audience instead of being true to God's Word.
   Let me end with the other scripture I felt God laid on me prior to sunrise of this fine morn.
      Jeremiah 23:30 "Therefore, says the LORD, I am against these prophets who steal messages from each other and claim they are from me."
     Take heed my friend. Have you, or will you spend some quality quiet time with God today?  Tomorrow, more in Jeremiah.  In prayer and mediatation I envisioned hands reaching down, lifting us up as to victory, then being held in warm embrace.  Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
     Johnny 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home