JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Amazing Grace - Saved

Good morning everyone!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
    As I slumbered and began to wake, I felt a song coming over me and as I woke these words came to me.  You will recognize them as they were written by John Newton who went to be with Jesus in 1807.  As I looked at these words, the words of yesterday, 2 Timothy 2:22 came to mind.

The 6th stanza has an unknown author, but you will recognize it:  Amazing Grace Lyrics

John Newton (1725-1807)
Stanza 6 anon.

Take time to read and absorb each word!!!
     Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.

I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

May these words fill your heart; may your relationship with the LORD be renewed; may you realize the truth and flee from evil; may your walk with God be full of praise. Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
      Johnny











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home