JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Be still - LISTEN! Psalm 46:10

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
  I trust you day is beginning in a great fashion.  I was reading in a book yesterday and the info put forth really related to me and then I thought about Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am....."
  I read this by Rick Phillips, that gives ideas about listening. I relate this from sales to our living God!
1. Prepare to listen, the customer holds all the info we will need.
2.Develop questions that stimulate listening. i.e. open-ended questions not yes-no questions.

3. Look for opportunities to listen. Don't talk just to talk when the they are not talking. Try phrases like: go on, tell me more, I see, etc.
4. Practice the art of listening. Improve listening by practice and pay attention to whom you are speaking
5. Concentrate on the THEM! We say we can't remember names, and that is because we just don't pay attention. Listen!
6. Give them feedback. Concentrate on listening with mind, body as well as ears. Be an active listener!
7. Block out distractions. Focus on the person as if they are the only person around.
8. Focus on feelings and ideas as much as facts. We need facts, but we also need to understand the "why" behind the facts.
9. Practice listening with empathy. People respond to someone that cares and is not indifferent.
10. Get confirmation that you heard and understood correctly. Ask confirming questions so you know exactly what they want.

Take time today.  Stop, Alto! Stop!  Listen!  God says be still and know that I am.  We also need to be still and LISTEN to God and to others around us.  Don't be so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good.  I hope and pray this touches you as it did me.  God bless and have a wonderful day in Jesus. Love you all.   In Christ's Love and Grace     Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home