JohnnyBdaily

Friday, June 14, 2013

Is everything meaningless? Ecclesiastes 1:1

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Ecclesiastes 1:1 "Everything is meaningless" says the Teachers, "completely meaningless!"
Solomon was referring to himself as the teacher.  Solomon, the wisest man in the Bible, the world, was reflecting back on life.
    Have you ever received a chocolate bunny or santa claus during that special time and was excited to get it.  A large piece of chocolate.....umm...umm!  You just can't wait to bite into it and enjoy the richness, the delight of pure chocolate.  Then you bite into it.....and....what.....it is hollow. Instead of a nice mouthful of good chocolate you ended up with little chocolate and a whole lot of air -- nothing!
    Sometimes that is the way we go about life.  Looking for that good piece of chocolate and then when we bit into it---mostly air and no substance.  What gives your life meaning?  The car, house, spouse, children, nieces, nephews, money?  Oh, you did not see Jesus or God in there did you?  That is probably why when we bit into "life" we find nothing, it is all meaningless - because there needs to be Jesus, our Saviour, Holy Spirit, our guiding light, and God, our Father.  
    Our family is important, however, the Bible clearly points out - God #1; then family #2 and career #3. My order was out of whack for years, I did it backwards, 3, 2, 1.  I was an S.O.B. (Sunday Only Brother) - and placed far more importance on my career than anything.  Where did that get me?  I don't see a statue, a bust, a painting, a memorial to me anywhere.  When I finally got my priorities right - God first - I feel much closer to my children, grandchildren, and extended family.  So, How about you?
   Where are you? In your spirit life or secular life?  What Solomon goes on to convey is life is meaningless without God!  Take time today, ask forgiveness, cleanse your heart, and enjoy the joys of being a child of God. Love you all.
  In Christ's Love and Grace
           Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home