JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Have you been fooled? What is your walk? Ephesians 5:5-7

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Did you think about the obscene stories, foolish talk, etc. we visited about yesterday.  Then, wouldn't you know it, yesterday a man shared an off color joke with me, and what did I do?  Hmmm, I simply grinned and nodded, then changed the subject.  Should I have said something or just let it go, as I did? What do you think?
    Ephesians 5:5-7 "You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God.  For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.  Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him."
    Paul writes against the life-style of people who make excuses for bad behavior and recommend its practice to others--whether they are in the church or outside of it.  Such people quickly pollute the church and endanger its unity and purpose.
   We must befriend unbelievers if we are to lead them to Christ, but we must be wary of those who are viciously evil, immoral, or opposed to all that Christianity stands for.  Such people are more likely to influence us for evil than we are to influence them for good.  And how do I do this? I need to be in line with what God wants me to do and constantly pray for discernment and guidance.  I pray for wisdom and knowledge so I can walk the walk Christ wants me to walk.  Love you all. Now do the right thing!
In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home