JohnnyBdaily

Monday, December 02, 2013

Is your type of speech acceptable? James 1:21

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
  A thought to ponder: "Often talked of, never seen,
                                       Ever coming, never been.  
                                       Daily looked for; never here.  
                                       Still approaching, coming near. 
                                       Though they expect me to appear; 
                                       They will never find me here.  
                                       What am I?" (answer at the end)
James 1:21 King James Version (KJV) 21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
    What does this say to you.  A quick answer here, and if you wish to read more indepth please go to Christianity - Thoughts by Johnny.
    What James is advising us here is to get rid of all that is wrong in our lives and "humbly accept" the salvation message we have received, because it alone can save us.
    Another reference is 1 Peter 2:1  King James Version (KJV)
"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,"

     Please enlighten me as to what you believe this means to you.  Lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness -- when men are together can they speak ugly, using filthiness, gaining at anothers expenense?  When women are together can they speak ugly, be cutty and nasty one to another?  Just what does this tell you?
    Between these two verses I do believe that if I have truly accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour, pledge my faith and allegiance to God, then I should move away from the filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, the malice, guile, hypocrisies, envies and all evil speakings.
    Does this mean I am a "goody too shoes"?  No, but, to follow Christ is to walk the walk and talk the talk.  I cannot vision Jesus going out with some other men and telling dirty stories, cursing, and carrying on.  Can you?  So, my question to you and to me is this: "Do you follow Jesus Christ with heart and soul or only head knowledge?  I know the right things to say and do, and I do so when around "church" folks.  Or, does the spirit of God flow forth for all to see and you do walk the walk?  Hmmm.  
     Answer to the rhyme above is tomorrow or the future.  How is your future in Christ?  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home