JohnnyBdaily

Monday, July 28, 2014

Satisfied, proud, forgot God?

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
    Friday I talked about a famine in this land.  A famine for the spiritual word of God!  In America, we live well, better than most nations, therefore we become complacent.   Why?  When all is going well, it is through our own doing; but, when things go poorly - then- we ask God why.  Do we not need to ask God for guidance in everything we do?
   Hosea 13:  Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.
I did know thee in the wilderness, in the land of great drought.
According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten me.
    God is telling the people what?  First: no god before God.    Second: God was with you in the rough times (wilderness).  And then what?  Because they went to the land of milk and honey they were filled, satisfied, and forgot God.  Look at the NIV version:
    “But I have been the Lord your God ever since you came out of Egypt.
You shall acknowledge no God but me,  no Savior except me.
I cared for you in the wilderness,  in the land of burning heat.
When I fed them, they were satisfied;  when they were satisfied, they became proud;   

 then they forgot me.
     When we get all we think we need and feel self-sufficient, then we tend to turn our back on God and think we are self made, we did it ourselves.  We need to learn to rely on God through the good times as well as when we are wandering in the wilderness.  If your path is smooth now, stay in close fellowship with God as satan is not happy and will be attacking you, wanting you to turn your back on God. 
  Deuteronomy 8:14 "Do not become proud at that time and forget the LORD your God, who rescued you from slavery in the land of Egypt."   Or, we could say: "who rescued you from sin in your home land."
    Where are you today?  Okay, on your own, doing well?  OR - relying on God fully - in minor decisions as well as major decisions.   Love you all. May God be your guiding light each day, each hour, each minute, each second.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
     Johnny
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home