JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Your battles come from your.......... James 4

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
   Man oh man!  Do you ever have something nagging at you, you can't figure out what it is, you think, you search, and you wonder what is going on?   I experience this quite frequently lately.  What is going on?  Then I hear the verses from James 4  What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
      I read this and then I know that I walk WITH the LORD on Sunday, during my prayer time, and my devotional time; BUT,  my big question is as follows.
    Am I dead to self, yet ALIVE IN JESUS?  And the answer to this has to be I am alive to self, believe in Jesus, yet fail to LIVE FOR JESUS!!!   What is the problem here?
    Verse 1 "your desires that battle within you"  then 2 "you desire but do not have.......covet but you cannot get.........."  Why?  Because I do not ask God, and when I do, as in verse 3 - I ask with the wrong motives for wants to spend on my pleasures.   So why am I in battle?
    Very simple, because I have not turned EVERYTHING OVER TO GOD!!  A man named Smith Wigglesworth, an English man, gave everything to God.  Uneducated, left school at 7 years of age, and began work.   When he accepted Jesus Christ and went into full time ministry, he had turned everything over to God, to Jesus Christ, and his goal was to be dead to self and alive in Christ.  He, through the power of God, accomplished this and touched many lives.
   Does God wish for us to turn our lives completely over to him?  Yes, he certainly does.  We worship movies stars, music artists, sports heroes, political parties - and what will they do for you?  NADA!
       Jesus Christ is my Rock Star (on Christ the solid rock I stand) and He should be who we are living for.  This will be my prayer in the future - for me to be dead to self and alive in Christ - whereas others see not me but Jesus Christ.  And you my friend, remaining carnal or spiritual?  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home