JohnnyBdaily

Monday, August 11, 2014

A vapour vanisheth - James 4:14

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   We have read this before, however, yesterday at church in Richmond, Tx (Houston) the pastor read this verse, of which we did in Bible study a few weeks back and it touched me then.  However, yesterday it really made an impact on me and I would like to share this with you.
   Ever notice how we get involved in or wrapped up in the tiny details of life and really forget about actually "living"?  Look at James 4:14 - read, think, and absorb what it is really saying:
   "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
     What is being said here?   We do not know what lies ahead of us. I do not know what will happen tomorrow, in 8 hours, 1 hour, or even a few seconds from now.
    Life!  What is it - what is life?  Is it being alive, having a family, working, sharing the gospel?  What is life?  God knows us 3 dimensionally - He knew us before we were born,  He knows us now, and He knows what lies ahead for us.  But do we?  No!  We make plans for the future, or we may look back at the past (with sorrow, anger, regret) but what does that availeth us?  Nothing, absolutely nothing.  We must look around, be aware, or viva la momento, live for the moment; but not just the moment for us - but live for Christ.
   Why is this important?  Living for Christ right now?   Because live is but a vapour - here for an instant and then gone.  You may live to be a 100 or you may leave this earth today - but to God it is but a vapour in His world.  So, in the time of your vapour what will you do for the Kingdom of God?
Nothing, a little bit, or live for the King?  
    My focus goes off God and on my life - to work, to make money, to do things in life.  Now, my question is this - when I stand before God will He say "well done, my good and faithful servant" or will He say I knew you, but you did nothing for my kingdom. Will I be as the man who buried the talents or will I be as the man who invested and doubled the talents.
     I visited with my beautiful wife and discussed this yesterday.   Live IS BUT A VAPOUR, however, before I do vanish, with God's blessing and strength, I will do more for His kingdom, with my family, make the dash on my tombstone mean something.  How about you?  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home