JohnnyBdaily

Monday, November 17, 2014

TODAY----Celebrate in the Lord? Huh - it ain't Sunday!!

Good morning all!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
    So.......what is today?  Today is the day to celebrate our LORD and saviour Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit.  Huh???   We do that on Sunday!   Yep, that is what most people do.  Even "good Christians" just doing their "duty" to God by showing up on Sunday.  God should be happy, we came to see Him.  Huh??  Wait!!!  This is not what God wants.  HE wants us to pray continually, and worship HIM first, then family, then jobs, etc.  But do we, the people of the world do this?  No!!  Why??  Uh, I just don't have time!!!   Baaaaa......
   Nehemiah 8:10 tells us to rejoice in the joy of the LORD. 10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
   What are we being told here?  Go, eat, celebrate and share with others, the less fortunate, for this day is holy unto our LORD.   Everyday should be holy unto our LORD, not just the "one hour" you spend on Sunday "doing your duty" for all to see.
     Do not just share the fortunes of dining, but also the joy of the LORD.  Why?  Because the joy of the LORD is your strength.  We should enter into celebrations that honor God.
   Now look at Habakkuk 3:18-19  "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.  To the chief singer on my stringed instruments."
   God will give his followers strength and confidence in difficult times.  They will run surefooted as deer across rough and dangerous terrain.  God will bring about his justice and completely rid the world of evil; in the meantime, God's people need to live in the strength of His Spirit, confident in his ultimate victory over evil.  We can rest assured that God will do what is right; knowing this can give us confidence and hope in a confusing world.
    Let me ask you this.  I will meddle in your business.  As I work in our church and doing work for God I do encounter many who see the glass half-empty.  It seems they never have anything God to say; always criticism or less than positive comments.  Are you one of these people?  Take time to really evaluate yourself.  Yes, money may not be coming in as you want it to; job is not as happy a place to work as it could be; boss is cranky; family is bugging you; too many demands because you allow the demands to be made; not doing as you think they should;  hmmmm, what is the common denominator here------yep-----Y O U !
    Quit it!  Rejoice in the LORD always.  If you think I am talking to you- yep I am; HOWEVER, I am really preaching to myself and if you are collateral damage so be it.  Think about this: Half full or half empty;  Where is your joy?   IN THE  L O R D !!!!  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
  Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home