JohnnyBdaily

Friday, March 06, 2015

Pray as Honi the circle maker did-------BELIEVING!!!!

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
  PRAYER!  Think about this.  Do Christians many times use prayer like people use love.  You know: I love to see musicals; I love living here; I love.......I love.....etc.  Do they really love or is it just an expression?
   Well, I believe, as Christians, we, many times, do the same thing with prayer.  Oh, so sorry, I will pray for you.  Let's just pray about this.  I am going to pray...........etc.  Why not pray at that very instant in time?
   Just stop what you are doing and pray for that situation or person!  What will it hurt?  NOTHING!  What will it help?  Possibly everything, AND, we are being obedient to God who tells us to come to him. 
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Should we pray?   Should we pray for the same thing over and over?
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.
Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
  Psalms speaks frequently of prayer and praying to the one true living God.
        Should we repeat the same prayer? The Lord hears our prayer the first time, yet He is not offended if we return to pray again.  We may not receive the answer the first time for one of two reasons: 1) we are not listening; OR 2) it is not time for God to reveal His answer.
   Did Jesus pray? 
And it came to pass in those days, that he (Jesus) went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
       The disciples would hear Jesus pray, and, I would think, they were in awe of His prayers.  The disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, and in Matthew 6 you will find the Lord's prayer.  Now, we do repeat this prayer for two reasons: 1) it is part of our church ritual, or 2) we think about what Jesus is teaching us, taking it to heart, and not just reciting words.
  Should we pray for the same thing over and over?  Hmmm! Many pastors will tell you no, pray once, God has it, now move on.  Whoa!  What about Honi in the first century?  There was a drought, Honi is called Honi the circle maker. He drew a circle and told God he was not leaving the circle until rain came, and he prayed.  A few drops came, Honi told God this was not was he asked for, then rain came with a violence.  Honi prays to God again and says he prays for rains of goodwill, blessings, and graciousness.  This he and the people did receive.  God is faithful and true.  Honi was steadfast in his prayer.  Are you?
   Draw your circle, pray with committment, and let what you receive bring glory to God, not for your glory.  I believe if I pray the same pray with committment it will be granted; however, if I just pray the same prayer by rote memory, then I believe it is just empty words.
   Yesterday I talked about being ALL IN, and, I would say with prayer it is the same.  You have to be ALL IN, or you are casting empty words into a large chasm of hollow sounds, and echo chamber.  Okay, once again, is your "prayer" a hollow word cast forth or are you sincere when you pray?  I will pray for you and your family and as you read this I ask you pray for me and my family.   Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

   


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home