JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ephsians 4:22 & 2 Corinthians 3:18

Good morning everyone!!! What a great day to be alive in the Lord!!! Yes, we make mistakes, do dumb things, but have you ever thought that you were working outside of God's will when this happens. God does not want us to be gods, but He does want us to be godly. It is the Holy Spirit's job to produce Christlike character in you. 2 Corinthians 3:18 "AS THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WORKS WITHIN US, WE BECOME MORE AND MORE LIKE HIM AND REFLECT HIS GLORY EVEN MORE." Ephesians 4:22 "TAKE ON AN ENTIRELY NEW WAY OF LIFE-A GOD FASHIONED LIFE, A LIFE RENEWED FROM THE INSIDE AND WORKING ITSELF INTO YOUR CONDUCT AS GOD ACCURATELY REPORDUCES HIS CAHRACTER IN YOU." The Holy Spirit oftennudges us with a gentle whisper. Many times we fail to "be still and know that I am". Being Christlike in not produced by imitation, buy by the Holy Spirit inhabiting our very being. Are you in tune to God's work? I want to say yes, but I also know that in the last few weeks I have let diversions invade my being. No, it was not family, but selfish desires, personal desires, unhealthy desires. It took a good "whack" from God this past weekend to make me realize I was spending more time working against God than for God. Oh, yeah, I went through the motions, but knew inside I was wrong. thank you Jesus for correcting me before I had traveled too far. Philippians 2:13 "GOD IS WORKING IN YOU, GIVING YOU THE DESIRE TO OBEY HIM AND THE POWER TO DO WHAT PLEASES HIM." Our God is a jealous God, and we should have no other god's before Him. It may be money, car, house, t.v., computer, music, or whatever. This does not mean we cannot partake of these items, but if they consume us, then they become our god. Just remember "CHRIST LIVES IN YOU" Colossians 1:27Have a blessed day in the Lord. Love you all, may God grant us a most holy and enjoyable day. Wed. and Thurs, morning I may not have access to the net, if not, then I will catch up on Friday. Thanks for reading, STOP, DROP, AND PRAY.
In Christ's Love and Grace,
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home