JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Who are you fooling?

Good morning everyone!!! I pray that this is a great day in the Lord for you. God knows, Jesus knows, the Holy Spirit knows, do you know? Know what???? Do you know the truth?? Are you totally honest in what you do??? Okay, what are we talking about here??? Alright, have you ever noticed that many times we "twist" or "say" things OUR WAY, so it will cast a different light on us, rather than the true light? Wait, come to the point here, don't beat around the bush!!!! Okay, here goes, some times we are deceitful or deceptive in the way we present things. Basically, we LIE!! Oh, no, not me.....I tell the truth. Well....look at Acts 5:1-5 "THERE WAS ALSO A MAN NAMED ANANIAS WHO, WITH HIS WIFE, SAPPHIRA, SOLD SOME PROPERTY, HE BROUGHT PART OF THE MONEY TO THE APOSTLES, BUT HE CLAIMED IT WAS THE FULL AMOUNT. HIS WIFE HAD AGREED TO THIS DECEPTION. THEN PETER SAID, 'ANANIAS, WHY HAS SATAN FILLED YOUR HEART? YOU LIED TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND YOU KEPT SOME OF THE MONEY FOR YOURSELF. THE PROPERTY WAS YOURS TO SELL OR NOT SELL, AS YOU WISHED. AND AFTER SELLING IT, THE MONEY WAS YOURS TO GIVE AWAY. HOW COULD YOU DO A THING LIKE THIS? YOU WEREN'T LYING TO US BUT TO GOD.' AS SOON AS ANANIAS HEARD THESE WORDS, HE FELL TO THE FLOOR AND DIED....GREAT FEAR GRIPPED THE ENTIRE CHURCH AND ALL OTHERS WHO HEARD WHAT HAD HAPPENED."
So, who are you fooling? Yourself, friends, neighbors, or are you standing upright with integrity?? Fooling others or deception may make you feel better, BUT, my God, your God knows the truth. Proverbs 19:5 "A false witness will not go unpunished, nor will a liar escape."
God gives us promises, look at Psalm 32:2 "Yes, what joy for those whose recored the Lord has cleared of sin, whose lives are lived in complete honesty!!!!! Am I deceptive??? A good question to ask ourselves!!!! Who am I fooling???? NOT GOD!!! Who do I need to please???? The one, the only living God....that is who I need to please.
Thank you for reading with me today. Can you say I love you? Well, I can, I do love you....but most important God loves you!!!!!! Please pray for a young man Zach, a young single mom and her son, for each other, all on this list, our pastors, our leaders. HAVE A GREAT DAY IN THE LORD!!!!!
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home