JohnnyBdaily

Friday, November 17, 2006

Why seek God?

Good morning everyone!! I hope this is a wonderful Friday for you. Once again, as I have said before.....if you don't believe the dead come back to life, be here at quitting time. LOL. Let's pray today's devotional touches you, speaks to you. Thank you for being here.
Why should I seek God? Why can't I just carry on, do what I wish, when I wish, and then once I grow old seek God? I would probably have more fun, and would not have to worry about all these things of being an example for others, did I sin, etc!!!!!
First of all, as a believer we should strive to have a heart of Jesus!! We should have the desire to get closer to God. James 4:8 "DRAW NEAR TO GOD, AND HE WILL DRAW NEAR TO YOU." Sometimes we get caught up in the daily yadda yadda and God may not seem close. He, GOD, is where we have been, where we are now, and has already been where we are going.
We can carry on as we want, but we have to remember in Amos 5:4 "FOR THE LORD SAYS TO THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL: SEEK ME AND LIVE!" God doesn't say seek me and have a nice life.......seek me and LIVE!!! Sooooooooo. Soooooo? That means eternal life, where there is happiness, gladness, praising God continual and enjoying it. No Sunday morning members saying let's go to the early service and "get it over with".
Hosea 10:12 "SOW RIGHTOUSNESS FOR YOURSELVES AND REAP FAITHFUL LOVE; BREAK UP YOU UNTILLED GROUND. IT IS TIME TO SEE THE LORD UNTIL HE COMES AND SENDS RIGHTEOUSNESS ON YOU LIKE THE RAIN."
Seek ye God, and you will inherit the kingdom of God....for you are a child of God, the Father, maker of heaven and earth. What more could one ask for. Deuteronomy 4:29 tells us to search for the Lord and you will find him, and to seek with all your heart and all your soul.
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME....AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD. Hey, thanks for reading with me today. Have a blessed day, seek God first, let the chips fall as God deems, and be thankful. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home