JohnnyBdaily

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Are you a Jonah????

Good morning everyone!!! What another awesome day to be alive in the Lord Jesus Christ. You know, as we peddle through life, just being happy and not paying a whole lot of atttention to what is going on outside our world we may miss opportunties to do God's work.We have a tendency to want to do our "own thing."
Are you a Jonah?? I ask this as Jonah was told what God wanted him to do. So......he jumped up, and headed out.....yep....headed out in the WRONG DIRECTION. How many times have we done this in our life? Jonah did not like, well, he hated the Nineveh people.....even dispised them. So what happened? Our loving, caring, and compassionate God had a mission for Jonah, just as he has a mission for you and me. We can run, but we can't hide from God; we can argue but we can't win; we can become angry at God and this is okay; but God is RIGHT ALL THE TIME! What is consistent in our lives????? GOD!!!!!! Jonah had a mission or job to do, and God insured that Jonah did it. WOW!! What an insurance company....GOD!!
When we are intrusted to do something in God's name, we should do it well. Don't go through the motions, saying "look at me God, see how well I am doing", "don't you want to give me more?" God sees, God knows, if my job for the Lord is sweeping the front walk.....do it well and more will be given! If my job is teaching a Bible class....do it well (led by God) and more will be given! If my job is preaching from the pulpit...do it well (from the heart where Jesus lives) and more will be given!
I think God has greater things in store for me is a statement that has one problem....."I". There is no "I" in God or Jesus. God does have greater things in store for you and me. Each day on earth is a practice for our heavenly journey.....DO IT WELL!!!
Thank you for reading. God bless you all. Pray for one another. Love ya'll.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home