JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Letting go!!! Let Jesus have the front seat!!!! part 2

Good morning everyone!!! I hope this is a great day in the Lord Jesus Christ for you. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!!
Yesterday I visited with you about letting Jesus have the front seat and us taking the back seat and pedaling hard. Here are some ideas for you in the form of I will's and Things to do.
I WILL: Trust God to guide me and I will follow;

Remind myself that God knows the way;
Be careful of situations where I am tempted to give God advice
Encourage others as they struggle with letting go;
Stay grounded in my personal relationship with Jesus;
Identify those areas of my life where I tend to keep control;
Relinquish control of those areas to God.
Things to do: When you sit behind the steering wheel of your car, let it remind you to ask God for guidance.

Read Matthew 4:18-22 and John 1:35-49; when Jesus called His disciples
Ask God to help you resist the urge to call the shots.
Find someone trustworthy who will hold you accountable to live a God-lead life.
Make a list of some areas of your life where you would like to relinquish control to God.
Pray and thank God for His unconditional love for you.
MATTHEW 16:25 "JESUS SAID, 'WHOEVER DESIRES TO SAVE HIS LIFE WILL LOSE IT, BUT WHOEVER LOSES HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE WILL FIND IT.'"
MARK 8:34-35 "JESUS SAID, 'WHOEVER DESIRES TO COME AFTER ME, LET HIM DENY HIMSELF, AND TAKE UP HIS CROSS, AND FOLLOW ME. FOR WHOEVER DESIRES TO SAVE HIS LIFE WILL LOSE IT, BUT WHOEVER LOSES HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE AND THE GOSPEL'S WILL SAVE IT.'"
JAMES 4:10 "HUMBLE YOURSELVES IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD, AND HE WILL LIFT YOU UP."
JOHN 3:29 "HE MUST INCREASE, BUT I MUST DECREASE."
Thank you for reading with me. Please continue to pray for one co-workers mother in law who is struggling with cancer; and another co-workers child who is critically ill. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home