JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Prayer for people OR prayer for GOD??

Good morning everyone!!! I hope this is a great day in the Lord Jesus Christ for you. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!!
Bro Lou's sermon about prayer has really spoken to me and I continue today. Be humble and sincere is so very important. We all enjoy praise, it makes us FEEL GOOD!! These emotional/physical feelings only last a short time.
The religious leaders in Jesus' day wanted to be seen as "holy" and public pray was one way to get attention. Jesus saw through their self-righteous acts. Jesus taught that the essence of prayer is not public style but private communication with God. There is a place forpublic prayer, but to pray only where others will notice you indicates that your real audience is not God.
Jesus was drawing attention to the motives behind the actions. There is a place for public prayer, but Jesus is talking about heartfelt prayer and hypocritical prayer. It should come from the heart. If you are asked to pray in public the focus should be on addressing God, not how you will sound to others or how your prayer will come across to the 'people.' Prayer is a conversation between you and your Heavenly Father.
Matthew 6:5,6 "When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father sho sees everything, will reward you."
Thank you for reading with me. I hope and pray you gain as much as I do from studying this. Bro Lou is preaching a series on prayer and this has be a catalyst for me in my prayer life. Thank you Bro Lou. Thank you Jesus for opening my eyes. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home