JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, August 12, 2010

2 Timothy 4:16-17 As Bob the Builder says, "You can do it!"

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

2 Timothy 4:16-17 "The first time I was brought before the judge, no one came with me. Everyone abandoned me. May it not be counted against them. But the LORD stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And he rescued me from certain death."

The first part, v. 16, does this reflect what Jesus went through. When He was brought before the authorities He was denied. Peter realized this when the cock crowed the third time. But Paul notes there was only the LORD with him.

God gives us the strength to do what he has commanded. This strength may not be evident, however, until we step out in faith and actually begin doing the task.

Paul may have been encouraging Timothy and telling him the LORD had called him to preach and the LORD would give him the courage to continue to do so.

Where are you today? Do you need encouraged? Are you ready to step out and carry the word? We can do all things through He who strengthens us. Don't forget. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home