JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

listen - LISten- LISTEN! Then speak! James 1:19 Proverbs 17:28

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
  So, what is happening in your world?  In your daily walk are you quick to speak - yet slow to listen? How often do we hear only part of what someone is saying before we are forming a response in our mind?  Even worse, how often when someone is speaking, and before they are finished with their statement you begin speaking - this is called interrupting. How rude, huh?  Guilty!
   Our Bible tells us to be quick to listen, and SLOW TO SPEAK!  Can you say you abide by this.  I can say I do, but my wife and children will tell you otherwise.  This is when I have to step up to the plate and follow God's word.
    James 1:19 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
    Proverbs 17:28 - Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: [and] he that shutteth his lips [is esteemed] a man of understanding.

   Please note this last part, even a fool is counted wise when what?  He holdeth his peace.  Is there a lesson here? Yep, shut up!  I see it as being one of self absorption. I, and what I have to say is more important than what the other person is saying - this is the attitude portrayed.  Is this really your attitude, or did you just have moments of "I"?
     How often in the Bible do we encounter the word "LISTEN?"  The verse you know is: be still and know that I am.  What is all this telling us.  Basically, shut up, listen, and don't interrupt.  Can you do it?  As Bob the Builder says, "Yes, I can!!"
   Number 1: listen to God - in your prayer time; continually through out the day
   Number 2: listen to what others are really saying without forming a quick retort or response.
I heard a minister talking about this yesterday and he did not call my name, but I felt him talking to me. Just wanted to share.  Maybe it will help you in your walk with Christ.  My prayer for today is that I listen and do the will of God; speaking only when necessary.  Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home