JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Would you feed me? Matthew 25:35,36

Good morning friends! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   What do you do in an uncomfortable situation?  Many of you know, some do not know that my wife and family are involved in Church Under A Bridge, a street ministry, under a bridge, for homeless and needy/unfortunate people.  I have found many blessings here, as have many on the ministry team; however, I have become comfortable in this ministry, with the people, and the surroundings.
    Now comes the quandary.  My job has taken me to San Antonio, Tx for a day and a half.  I arrived late yesterday, the hotel dropped me down by the riverwalk to dine.  The homeless, needy, and pan-handlers are on every corner.  Many homeless here and did I feel comfortable when a young man asked me for a sandwich from McDonalds?  No, I did not feel comfortable in this setting. So, what did I do?  Nothing at that time.
    I went to eat and asked God for discernment and words to say.  When I returned to where the young man was, he was gone; at this I felt disappointed.  As I continued to walk, a young woman (late 20's) spoke to me.  I returned to meet her, her mom, and her son.  They were living at a shelter, asked for food.  When I said let's go to McDonald's they said they were kicked out of there.  I asked what church they went to; I asked if they knew Jesus as their saviour.  The response was yes.  Yes, I fed them.
   The point I am trying to make here is: what would you do in an uncomfortable situation?  Yesterday I talked about prayer and being obedient to follow God's word.  Did I feed angels here on earth or was I duped?  It really does not matter, I did what I felt God would wanted me to do. 
    My mind reverted back to Matthew 25:35For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'…
     When we are out, we are in our ministry field; each one of us. I also think of Ephesians 6 about putting on the full armor of God.  Love you all.  Prepare for the day, you may encounter and angel or you may encounter darkness -- how well are you prepared? 
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home