JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pray as Nehemiah did! Nehemiah 1:5-11

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   Earlier I mentioned that Nehemiah asked the kings permission to go and rebuild the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah did something we could all take away from his lessons and that is Nehemiah prayed, 8 times he prayed spontaneously, even while talking with others.  He knew God was in charge at all times, is always present, and hears and answers our prayers.
    Nehemiah prayer confidently throughout the day because he had established an intimate relationship with God during times of extended prayer. Chapter 1: 4-7.  Listen to his prayer (say it out loud and hear):
  v5-11.  "O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love with those who love him and obey his commands, listen to my prayer!  Look down and see me praying night and day for your people Israel.  I confess that we have sinned against you. Yes, even my own family and I have sinned!  We have sinned terribly by not obeying the commands, decrees, and regulations that you gave us through your servant Moses.  Please remember that you told your servant Moses: 'If you are unfaithful to me, I will scatter you among the nations. But if you return to me and obey my commands and live by them, then even if you are exiled to the ends of the earth, I will bring you back to the place I have chosen for my name to be honored.'  The people you rescued by your great power and strong hand are your servants. O Lord, please hear my prayer!  Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you.  Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me."
   Look carefully at this text and what Nehemiah said in his prayer.  First he praise God, then gave thanksgiving.  He repented, made specific requests and was committed.  This type of truly heartfelt prayers can help us see clearly any problem we may be facing, we can see God's great power to help us, and allow us to focus and see clearly the job we have to do. 
   When Nehemiah finished his prayer time he had direction, he knew what to do.  Do you, after your prayer time do you feel refreshed and refocused?  Major "problems" fall into perspective and we then know the action that needs to be taken.  Not action of self--but action directed by God.
   If you don't know at the end of your prayer time, better hit the knees again to get the answer.  My wish for you (and me) my friend is to be as Nehemiah and when we finish prayer time we are refreshed, focused, and walk with God.  Love you all.
  In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home