JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Humility? Pride? Who Me?

Good morning everyone!!! May this be a great day in the Lord for you. May God bless you in ways you never thought of. Have you thought about pride? I am sure you have, but you know, we all like to have an 'atta boy' every now and then. But, if we long for, or find that deep inside we want to be recognized, we may need a readjustment of our attitude and heart.
When pride steps in, there seems to be a tendency to say "See what I did", the big "I". When "I" gets in the way we are going to experience difficulties, and I am speaking from experience first hand. We need to learn to be humble, as Jesus Christ did. Christ came, humbled Himself, and went through the suffering for you and for me. He could have stopped and changed everything, and said no, I won't go through this torment, but He didn't.
John 3:27-30 John replied, "GOD IN HEAVEN APPOINTS EACH PERSON'S WORK. YOU YOURSELVES KNOW HOW PLAINLY I TOLD YOU THAT I AM NOT THE MESSIAH.....HE MUST BECOME GREATER AND GREATER, AND I MUST BECOME LESS AND LESS."
Your leadership, whatever it may be, is appointed by God, not earned by you own efforts. You are responsible in your work but we have to be careful to not let pride get in the way. Remember John the Baptist, who Jesus called the greatest on earth, humbled himself so that he could lift up Jesus. What are you doing in your role to lift up Jesus?
Thank you for reading today. I hope this will touch you in some way, usually it seems the Spirit is talking to me when these items come up. I feel a burden, and just pray that the Holy Spirit will lead. Love you all. Have a wonderful Jesus day.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home