JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Courage, Prayer, Diligence

Good morning everyone!! I trust this will be a great day in the Lord
Jesus Christ for the Kingdom of God which is yet to come. Wow!!! An
awesome God, what a day, so many things are being laid on my heart, and
they are all talking to me. In revealing my study this morning I just
pray that you gain from it as must as I have. Remember, God is good all
the time, all the time God is good!! I will not try to be lengthy.....be
prepared!! LOL
1 CHRONICLES 28:20 "THEN DAVID CONTINUED,'BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS, AND DO THE WORK. DON'T BE AFRAID OR DISCOURAGED, FOR THE LORD GOD, MY GOD, IS WITH YOU. HE WILL NOT FAIL YOU OR FORSAKE YOU. HE WILL SEE TO IT THAT ALL THE WORK RELATEDTO THE TEMPLE OF THE LORD IS FINISHED CORRECTLY.'"
David advised Solomon not to be frightened about the size of his task
as king and builder of the Temple. Fear can immobilize us. The size
of a job, its risks, or the pressure of the situation can cause us to
freeze and do nothing. One remedy for fear is found here. Don't focus
on the fear, instead, get to work. Getting started is often the most
difficult and frightening part of a job.
OKAY, an exerpt from Jeff Wells, pastor at Woodsedge in Woodlands
Now PRAYER!! Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words
may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the
gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may
declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20
Sometimes Paul amazes me.
Paul is in a Roman prison. He's writing to a much-loved church where he
spent three years. At the end of his letter, he asks these brothers and
sisters to pray for him. And what does Paul request?
The biggest longing of Paul's heart, the one thing that he wanted
prayer for from the Ephesian Christians, was that he would have courage
to preach the gospel. "Please pray for me that I would be fearless in
proclaiming Christ's gospel!'
I think Paul was so God-centered, so Christ-intoxicated, so
kingdom-oriented, that even when he was in a Roman prison bound by
chains, he was more concerned with Christ's cause than with his own
comfort.
Now back to a word from Johnny Holcomb.
Diligence!!! "NOW WE WANT EACH OF YOU TO DEMONSTRATE THE SAME DILIGENCE FOR THE FIANL REALIZATION OF YOUR HOPE, SO THAT YOU WON'T BECOME LAZY, BUT IMITATORS OF THOSE WHO INHERIT THE PROMISES THROUGH FAITH AND PERSEVERANCE." Hebrews 6:11-12
As we study the Bible, we are confronted again and again with God's
intention that we, as believers in Christ, lead disciplined lives. God
does not reward laziness nor does He praise mediocrity. To the
contrary, He expects us to be disciplined, diligent, and faithful to His
commandments. As we begin this day, let us remember that God rewards
diligence. And let us act accordingly.
Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home