JohnnyBdaily

Monday, September 29, 2014

A prisoner -- that is what we are!! Prisoners of __ __ __!

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
    Yesterday church was wonderful. Pastor came out of Ephesians 4 and 5 and many (almost all) of the verse spoke to me and that is what I plan to share until God changes my direction.
   Look at Ephesians 4:1(KJV) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
  (NIV)  As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
   A prisoner of the LORD - what does this mean to you?  Not a prisoner as in shackles and chains, but a representative of the LORD here on earth.  Think of this, you are a representative of JESUS CHRIST- others will see you, view you, and yes, they will judge you to see if you are truly a representative of JESUS CHRIST!
   Bad attitudes, mean spirited, evil mindedness will all show through and do you want GOD to call you up on these accounts?  Not me, I pray that God leads my each and every step so others may truly see Jesus in me.  That  I do represent my saviour - Jesus!!!
   Look at verse (NJV): With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;  (NIV) Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
       Wow!! How many of us need to memorize verse 2 - completely humble and gentle, patient,  what???  bearing with one another in love.   WOW!!!!
   At our church, Church Under A Bridge, we help people as we can and when possible.  It is peculiar to me that when we help some people, there are other people who are quick to throw water on what is being done.  This is God's money and we do our best to listen to God's spirit talking to us, and then help others in need.  Someone will be mad or upset because this person was helped instead of that person.  Why??
   Be in the spirit first; then be humble, gentle, patient, and BEARING WITH ONE ANOTHER IN LOVE!!!!
   That says a lot and should give us all cause to look in the mirror and see ourselves as God sees us - without excuses, rationale, casting blame, but truly as God sees us.  It may be time for a face lift and attitude change.  I know I can use one----how about you?  Love you all!!!
In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home