JohnnyBdaily

Monday, December 11, 2006

Yeah?? And.....What of it????

Good morning everyone!!! What a great day to be alive in the Lord Jesus Christ!!!! Yes, it does get better than this, when we see Jesus face to face.....wow.....awesome!!! This is the holiday season, the Christmas spirit, a time when MOST people are happy and enjoying life. However, there are some bah humbugs around. When you encounter them, don't let them bring you down. Just stop and think how much Jesus loves you and how great live everafter will be.
Saturday, after encountering a lot, bunches, hordes, tons of traffic in Tyler I did not become angry or have road rage. However, I did get to see an example of it. Going into the left turn lane, with 15 or more cars ahead I heard one little horn still honking after the left turn light went to red. I thought I wonder who is so impatient? Well, as life rotates, the wheel turns, or God deems it, when I pulled up in the inside turn lane guess who I was right beside. Yep, the one honking his horn. Now this was an eye opener!! I have become frustrated and sometimes angry when driving, but never like what I encountered!! WOW!!!
Okay, so you want to know what happened? Well, let me tell you, but first today scripture is Colossians 3:8 "BUT NOW IS THE TIME TO GET RID OF ANGER, RAGE, MALICIOUS BEHAVIOR, SLANDER, AND DIRTY LANGUAGE." Does this give you a clue????
As I sat there this man with his wife, in a little blue car was sitting there. She, being the quiet one was meekly looking around while he was expressing himself rather loudly and clearly. His language brought back old memories, really old memories, of when I was in the military back in the late 60's and early 70's. His descriptive adjective was the 'f' word and he was carrying on about the drivers need to go back to New York or Mexico or wherever they were from.
His wife noticed I looked over and could hear him and his statement was something to the effect of; "I don't give ****** *#$*& who can *#$% *#$% me." Sorry, but all I could do was smile, then laugh, I had to turn my radio up and listen to Christmas music. A thought did cross my mind, but as angry as he was I decided not to tell him, "Jesus loves you and Merry Christmas." So I just went on, listening to my oh so pleasant Christmas music.
We should get rid of our evil practices, our immorality, and be more Christ like. I may have been able to do something but I did not. I could have fallen into the snare and allowed him to make my day miserable but I did not. Where are you today?? Don't fall into the snare satan sets for us so that we may be provoked at the slighest item that does not go our way.Look up, remember Jesus, he loves you, "ain't Jesus great?!?!"
Hey, thanks for reading, I felt compelled to pass that story on. I am at a conference in Austin, but do have internet. Love you all. Get back rage, come on Christ. Pray ye one for another.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home