JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Delilah afflicts Samson - Judges 16:17-21

Good morning my dear friends.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
   WELL, today and tomorrow we will finish Samson.  It has taken 3 weeks to end, however, I wanted you to understand the full story, not just the Bible Sunday School verse, leaving out a lot of details.
   Judges 16:17-21 is the demise of Samson----at this time!  Verse 17 Delilah nagged him, he told his secret; verse 18 Delilah called to the rulers of the Philistines and said I have the key (what bribes will do).  Verse 19 And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.
  Okay, SHE called for a man to shave the seven locks----but look at the next phrase and think about this---SHE BEGAN TO AFFLICT HIM.  Wow, what does this mean to you?  Do you think this may mean Samson was being humbled?  Brought lowly, taken off his pedestal as a strong and mighty man? Hmmm! Very interesting.
     Verse 20 And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the Lord was departed from him.
  Samson, unaware of the events during his slumber, jumps up and knows what he will do.  Just as he had before- shake them off.  Look at the last sentence. ".........the LORD was departed from him."  Wow!!  Verse 21 But the Philistines took him............."
   This is something we need to be aware of constantly - has the LORD departed from YOU???  I know I am a sinner, and when I stray I definitely know it, have to ask forgiveness, and come back to the path God prefers me to track on. If I don't--where do the "Philistines of today" take me? What about you?  Is God with you---or has HE departed?  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home